Error 1330: cab13.cab has an invalid digital signature
Alan
2007-12-14 22:38:22 UTC
Hi All,

I have downloaded the VS 2008 Pro trial version and I'm having problems
installing it.Visual Studio installs OK but when I install the MSDN Library
for VS2008 it stops with an error message

"Error 1330: A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet
file d:\msdn\cab13.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate
that the cabinet file is corrupt".

I have downloaded the file twice but I'm still getting the same error.

Please help
Alan
Phil Wilson
2007-12-18 19:05:49 UTC
See if this helps:
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2007/12/14/how-to-workaround-error-1330-during-visual-studio-2008-installation.aspx
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]
Alan
DAWKCoDave
Alan
DAWKCoDave
2008-02-06 23:57:00 UTC
bigtoga
2008-02-08 13:45:57 UTC
Good idea. I had the exact same thing happen - cab7.cab failed, I
downloaded new image and then it was cab23.cab that failed. I'll try
your approach if I feel like it.

I guess that, with VS2008, we get the same "quality" of installations
that we did with SQL 2005 and VS2005 :(
J***@gmail.com
2008-03-26 17:33:51 UTC
Post by bigtoga
Good idea. I had the exact same thing happen - cab7.cab failed, I
downloaded new image and then it was cab23.cab that failed. I'll try
your approach if I feel like it.
I guess that, with VS2008, we get the same "quality" of installations
that we did with SQL 2005 and VS2005 :(
I meet this problem too.

I think there must be something wrong with microsoft's download
server , or why many people face the same problem?
N***@hillingdon.gov.uk
2013-10-04 09:10:06 UTC
I have the same issue, with another installation. I finally tried on another machine and it installed fine.

Have you also tried this?

If it does work, then it is not the download at fault, but rather something on the machine itself.

I am still working on finding a solution.

I have tried installing the certificate for the file but this did not work. i have also tried to install the latest Windows installer 4.5 this is on Windows XP machine (Yeah I know! Almost out of extended support.)
N***@hillingdon.gov.uk
2013-10-04 13:02:58 UTC
I had this issue with another applications

Error 1330 : A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file <Network Location>\Data1.cab has an invalid signature. this may indicate the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 266 was returned by WinVerifyTrust.

Seems similar!?

This is on a Windows XP machine that I have no updates on as I am using it to package.

This had been resolved by installing 'Windows Installer 4.5'

not sure if the same solution will work for you?
v***@gmail.com
2016-02-01 04:26:54 UTC
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing] "State"=dword:00023c00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing] "State"=dword:00023c00